Carol Penning has been the Board President since 2000. In 2014, Carol celebrated her 25th Anniversary as Bolingbrook’s elected Village Clerk.
A graduate, of a three-year Institute Training Program of the Municipal Clerks of Illinois and a Leadership Enhancement and Development program; both sponsored by the University of Illinois. Carol acquired certifications as a Registered and Certified Municipal Clerk.
• Former Executive Secretary to the Bolingbrook Mayor & Manager 1980-1985
• Acting Village Clerk 1980-1981
• Bolingbrook Deputy Clerk 1980-1985
• Registered and Certified Municipal Clerk
• Past President, Municipal Clerks of Illinois
• Past President, Municipal Clerks of DuPage County
• Founding Member and Past President, Municipal Clerks of Will County
International Institute of Municipal Clerks
Municipal Clerks of Illinois Municipal Clerks of DuPage County Municipal Clerks of Will/Grundy Counties Member
Liaison to the Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Member – Bolingbrook 50th Anniversary Committee
Carol Penning became a member of the CSC Board in 2000 and has been serving as CSC President since 2002. The Community Service Council (the CSC) was founded in 1973 and incorporated as a 501c3 non-profit agency in 1978. The CSC is dedicated to helping people work through their personal problems by providing a number of different types of counseling for both clinical and housing. In addition, they provide court-ordered evaluations, assessments, and special programs. The overall mission of the CSC is to inspire a positive difference in people’s lives.
• Bolingbrook Business and Professional Women's "Woman of the Year"
• Bolingbrook Jaycees Distinguished Service Award, "Outstanding Young Woman"
• “Award of Appreciation” from the Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities in Illinois
• Bolingbrook Area Chamber of Commerce “Lifetime Achievement Award”
- Bolingbrook Area Chamber of Commerce Women in Business
“Community Leadership Award”
• The State of Illinois "Reaches Out Award" for Volunteerism
• American Cancer Society's Outstanding Service Award
• Bolingbrook Rotary Paul Harris Fellow Award - Recognition for “Service Above Self”
• Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Award for “Patriotic Service”
• Bolingbrook Lions Club “Humanitarian Award”
Resident Since 1977, Lives in Bolingbrook with her family & a Member of St. Dominic Parish